Search Engine Optimization (SEO) — it’s something every marketer has heard of but not everyone is convinced they need.
Ever since the dawn of the Internet, SEO has been on the scene — growing and evolving to become a virtual beast. In basic terms, SEO connects researchers with information they need. It creates a direct way to access relevant content. Without SEO, information wouldn’t be instantly at our fingertips. Instead, we would have to dig through volumes of content to find what we need.
To further blow your mind, here are some statistics on SEO that really drive home it’s relevancy:
1. 93 percent of online experiences begin with a search engine. (via Junto)
2. Search and e-mail are the top two Internet activities. (via Search Engine Journal)
3. 75 percent of users never scroll past the first page of search results. (via imFORZA)
4. Google gets over 100 billion searches a month. (via Hubspot Marketing)
5. Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53 percent more likely to show up on page 1 of Google. (via Business 2 Community)
6. Businesses that have a strong keyword in the business name rank 1.5 spots higher than if there is no keyword in the name. (via Web Presence Solutions)
7. 61 percent of internet users do research on a product online before making a purchase. (via Junto)
8. More Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries including the U.S. and Japan. (via Hubspot Marketing)
9. 70-80 percent of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results. (via Search Engine Journal)
10. 72 percent of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.(via Web Presence Solutions)
If you’re still confused by SEO, contact us today and we’ll help you out.