If you are like most people, you have heard of podcasts and realize that it is one of the hottest digital marketing “must-haves” these days. What you may not realize, it may also be an excellent investment in your digital marketing strategy.
Take Advantage of the Reach that Podcasts Offer Your Business
There are many advantages to creating a podcast that will enhance the digital marketing you are already doing. Here are just a few.
- Increase traffic to your website. Listing your podcast on the most popular podcast directories and networks let you gather authoritative backlinks to your website, which makes it more powerful.
- Greater Brand Visibility. The podcast world gives you more places to appear online, so it’s more effortless for people/consumers to find you.
- It can position you as an authority in your industry. By sharing your opinions and industry knowledge, you are turning your podcast into a place people can find answers.
- It gives your business more ways to consume your content. Unlike reading a website or watching a video, listeners can find out more about your business and the products and services you offer by enjoying your podcasts anywhere, even while driving.
- It Can Increase Search Engine Visibility. Podcasts allow your company to be found more places on the Internet and search engines, which is always a good thing.
- Create a loyal following on a new platform. Give your audience another way to follow you and learn more about what you do. If you are consistent and offer good podcast content, your followers will gain loyalty to your brand.
Most podcasts are audio clips that serve a specific purpose for its audience, and the thought of getting that together creates a lot of challenges in most people’s minds. We thought the same thing here at Fusion One Marketing. However, we strive to be a leader in providing digital marketing to businesses and realized to continue that legacy, we better jump on this popular bandwagon right away. But how do we get started?
I am sure there are many ways to go about creating the perfect podcast but, in our search, we stumbled on a method that was right up our alley and allowed us to use a format we were already using and convert it to a podcast. The reason we want to share this info is to let you know there might be a way to repurpose something you are already doing into a podcast. Like a lot of people, we were already creating weekly LIVE shows for our social media. Through our research, we discovered that instead of recreating the wheel, we could turn those already produced segments into a podcast. And we found a fantastic tool/platform that would do the syndicating for us. So check back and read our Podcast Checklist blog.